Start or Stop Service

Moving or Closing an Account

We will need to know a specific date you plan to end your service so we can get a meter reading. Also if available, the new owner or tenant would be helpful.

For other questions about moving or closing an account stop by our office or call, Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. at (417) 682-5636 or (800) 286-5636.

Starting New Service

lineman workingYou may be required to complete a membership application if you are:

  • Starting a new service
  • Having a name change on an existing service or a meter set

Additional paperwork may be required, as well as a deposit.

If you are taking over an existing account, it will be helpful to have the previous account number, or previous owner or tenant’s name.

For additional information about applying for electric service with Barton County Electric Cooperative stop by our office Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. or call (417) 682-5636 or (800) 286-5636.

Membership Application

Step 1 of 3

Service Address(Required)
Billing Address(Required)
Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)(Required)
Must be at least age 18
Please provide copy of driver's license
Drop files here or
Max. file size: 30 MB.